Apr 25, 2009

Love Is The Future(Part 2)


The pain of the enemy's arrow,
Pierced through my flesh.
Spreading it's poison throughout,
Leaving me motionless.

As I lay I can hear loud shouts,
One is that of my father.
The other is a rather small voice,
Loud, shrill and high pitched.

I can almost hear my father's words,
He's shouting insanities.
But this smaller voice, shouts truth,
I'm not dead, I need medicine.

After countless hours of suffering,
I feel as though I'm floating.
I know I'm being carried somewhere,
But where I do not know.

After a few minutes of marching along,
I stop floating, I am moved.
I have been placed onto something,
It's a cold and hard place.

I can hear what seems to be echoing,
We must be underground.
I can hear the piling of wood branches,
I feel a liquid pour over me.

Where have I been so secretly taken,
Am I not in the House of Healings?
Is there no medicine that can help me?
What is that liquid on me?

I hear a loud bang come from somewhere,
And it sounds like a horse.
Suddenly, as though a fire has been lit,
I'm surrounded by sudden heat.

What is going on now? I'm being pushed,
I can feel myself falling down.
I know I've hit the bottom, I've stopped,
I can feel little hands on me.

It seems as though they're patting me,
But why, I don't know.
I smell something that resembles smoke,
My senses are coming back.

I try to look around as my eyes adjust,
For now I can open them.
I am lying on the floor of a cement room,
The Stewards Death Chamber.

I see my father upon the stone podium,
I must have been there.
I see him amongst the flames around him,
The heat I felt, was fire.

I now understand what has happened,
My father despaired.
He thought there was nothing left,
I thought I lost him everything.

I see Gandalf and the pair of small hands,
I've met him once before.
He was in my father's hall while I was,
He was serving him.

As my senses come back into focus,
I attempt to hold myself up.
With the help of my new found heroes,
I make my way to medicine.

As I lay in the House of Healings,
I see a woman come in.
She is taken to a seperate room,
She is being followed.

As time passes I see her again,
This time in the gardens.
She is beautiful and fair to look upon,
I realize, there is hope.

Hope for a future I never thought of,
A possibility for love.
Hope for acceptance in a place that,
I never thought to look.

Here is now where my new future is,
I just know it's her.
I can feel it growing inside my heart,
I have found my place.


(written October 21st, 2007, also for my friend BelovedCaptain)

1 comment:

  1. BC, aka Unveiled Hope, where are you??

    I love this one!! I love the fact that this indeed is what he may be thinking when we see him in the movie in HoH. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete