Apr 3, 2009

A Selection of Haikus


Reflection

Have you stopped today,
To think of what you have done?
Reflecting yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Cool Refreshment

Rest your hand upon
A quiet trickling stream.
And feel it's coolness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Fresh Snow

Falling from the sky,
Landing softly on the ground.
Making things glow bright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wonder Why

Within the hours,
Lying awake, unable to sleep.
I wonder, why me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Just Like Rain

High up in the sky,
Falling to the earth below,
Humble is now me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Running Wheel

Buried in my thoughts,
Peace I cannot seem to find.
Why must the mind run?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Choosing Your Battles

This is how I feel,
And I disagree with you.
But the time is off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Faeries

Just like the pixies,
And butterflies in tiny forms,
Faeries make us smile.



(all these written between the dates of November 30th, 2007-February 6th, 2008)

1 comment:

  1. Awesomeness! Wonderful, amazing haikus! I really enjoyed them all. :)

    ReplyDelete