Jun 30, 2009

Oh Insomniacs


The energy continuously flowing,
Twitching the muscles, moving limbs.
How on earth am I supposed to sleep?
If I can't turn my body and mind off?

Awake I lay, as time just flies by,
The mind racing with thoughts anew.
How am I supposed to disconnect it?
If a new thought is a revelation to me.

After a few very long and tiring hours,
I decide to give up and get out of bed.
What other options do I have, if I can't sleep?
May as well attempt to become tired, again.

Living each day as though it never ended,
Until suddenly you have no choice but to collapse.
How can this be healthy and normal for anyone?
I'm so tired of not being tired only to crash.


(written December 12th, 2007)

2 comments:

  1. You're sooo clever when it comes to writing about practically ANYTHING! (And experience pretty much helps matters, right? LOL Sorry, it's not very funny is it? I know the feeling to..) Anyways, I love this poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I remember what we talked about last time...you poor thing! *hugs* But at least it's a bit of an inspiration, so it's not all bad. :)

    ReplyDelete