
Grey,
The perfect colour for death.
Right in between
The bright white sky
And
The dark black abyss.
It's the middle ground
Where
You can't be blinded
Or
Fall into nothing.
Grey,
The only existence that
You remain in once
You've disconnected.
Because
The warm light rebukes you
And
The cold dark has no use of you.
You walk along forever
Wishing
The white light will save you
Or
The dark night will claim you.
Grey,
The chapter of your life
That never seems to end.
There once was a time
When
The blinding light was your friend
And
The endless dark was not.
Though now it seems
That
The warmness from the light has faded
And
The coldness of darkness is not so harsh.
Grey,
Doesn't seem so bad anymore.
Now that you don't have to decide
Whether the shining light is for you
Or
Whether the eerie dark is your home.
Just stay where you are
Where
The warm bright white light
Meets
The cold harsh black night.
(written February 6th, 2009)
I like the imagery you're using here. Grey as a sort of in-between state... Yes, it definitely fits.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what Elf Girl says. Now I'm very thoughtful about grey. ;)
ReplyDeleteAwe thanks girls...you're so sweet!!! I LOVE YOU!! And I'm glad you like it.
ReplyDelete