
A sound in the distance I hear,
A loud shrill cry I fear.
I know I must leave and hide away,
And in the hills I must stay.
The face so bright, that called the sun,
Away from it I shall run.
The face so bright, called the moon,
In the dark places I shall loom.
A torture in my heart is dwelling,
The voices now compelling.
Yelling at one another, and even out loud,
To this fate I for sure am bound.
A small heavy, beautiful, golden ring,
Alone to me, it seems to sing.
I will be able to hold on to it forever,
And make me all the more better.
I can become invisible, hide and stalk,
All those foolish orcs I will mock.
For they won't be able to see or find me,
With this ring, I am completely free.
Nobody can tell me what I can do,
This ring has made me new.
For a long time I shall continue to remain,
And see more new things to gain.
Until a time comes where I will be no more,
I will be alone, and cold to the core.
Never needing anyone besides myself,
My old life I place upon a shelf.
(written November 2nd, 2007)
That's a very good poem for Gollum. Very good. ;)
ReplyDeleteIt perfectly reveals his thoughts, his soul, his emotions. Wonderful work on this, dear!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to ask, did you make the graphic with Smeagollum on it?
ReplyDeleteI like it. :D
Thanks!! No, I didn't make the graphic. I'm not that good at them yet. lol I just found it and thought that it was perfect to go with the poem.
ReplyDelete