
Who was there?
When I cried for hours,
When I completely hated myself,
When I lost touch with everything around me.
Who was there?
When my world crumbled,
When this world became nothing,
When hell seemed so very much appealing.
Who was there?
When everyone tuned me out,
Turned me away and didn't understand,
Don't believe what I say because I just "like" to talk.
Who was there?
When everything went wrong,
My thoughts turned into real actions,
Turning me against myself and causing further pain.
Who was there?
Nobody heard my real cries,
Nobody understood what I was saying,
Nobody caught on that I was NOT joking around.
Who was there?
I see it now though,
That there was always someONE,
Who had never left my side through my pain.
Who was there?
The very person who bled for me,
The very person who watched over me,
The very person who made sure that I stayed alive.
Who was there?
Through all the pain,
Through all the times I jumped,
Without looking where I was going.
God was there.
He grabbed my hand,
He gave me hope and strength,
He showed me what real love looks like.
(written February 8, 2008)
No comments:
Post a Comment