May 16, 2009

Let Me In


You can't understand where I'm coming from,
Cause I've never fully opened up to you.
I don't blame you for being distant from me,
How or why would it be any other way?

You can't trust someone without their trust,
You can't share with someone who holds back.
It's hard to believe someone's words,
When they only share with you, little tidbits.

You wish they'd tell you more,
So that you could help them with their problems.
You wish that they would trust you more,
So you didn't feel like there was nothing you could do.

The truth is, no matter what, they don't.
They don't trust you, they don't believe you.
You want them to, because you love them,
And you just want to help them.

(written May 9th, 2009)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting sentiments. Wonderful job in capturing them in this great poem!

    ReplyDelete